My attempts to solve insomnia, fatigue, and other complaints using the mainstream healthcare networks, available through insurance, were met with multiple displays of arrogance, incompetence, and circuitous logic, as well as a distinct paucity of concern and solutions.
That atmosphere drove me to the CAM (complementary – alternative medicine) world, bio-hacking (aka self-experimenting, aka citizen science, aka n=1 experimenting), and online discussion groups and forums.
Here are a few accounts of my (and a friend’s) experiences dealing with the couldntcareless system.
- The disaster of my first alterna-doc experience
- My second alterna-doc disaster
- The summer of my frozen shoulder
- Managing the doctors
- Find out if your doctor is getting money from Big Pharma
- A fruitless search for digestive experts
- Look up and report Rx drug side effects
- (Guest author) On refusing to part with my gallbladder
- My year with a concierge doctor